Professor of Statistics
Professor of Computer Science and Engineering (by courtesy)
My research is broadly centered around statistical learning and multivariate analysis with a specific focus on classification, ranking, dimensionality reduction, and kernel methods. The main thrust of my research has been to bring statistical perspectives to machine learning methods and advance our understanding of them. My research on classification and ranking exemplifies this direction. In parallel, I have developed new statistical methods and computational tools for feature selection, regularization, and dimensionality reduction, which constitute a common thread of modern data analysis. From a more traditional point of view, I have also pursued ways to improve upon the existing statistical methods in terms of robustness and efficiency.
- January 2017: I joined the editorial board of the Journal of the Korean Statistical Society.
- August 2016: Yoonsuh Jung won the best paper award for the Journal of Nonparametric Statistics.
- June 2016: I got promoted to the rank of Professor, effective June 2.
- May 2016: Andrew Landgraf has won IMS Travel Award.
- February 2016: I received a courtesy appointment in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at The Ohio State University.
Associate Editor, The ASA journal Statistical Analysis and
Data Mining since 2011.
Associate Editor, Journal of the Korean Statistical Society since 2017.
Email: yklee at stat osu edu | Office: 440B Cockins Hall
Tel: 614-292-9495 | Fax: 614-292-2096
Address: 1958 Neil Avenue, Department of Statistics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210